Going from One Journey to Another

     Well, I did it. As of yesterday, I'm officially a graduate of the class of 2013 at Francis Lewis High School.

    For five years, I have taken the grown-up journey of how the world really works and the history of it and about the people who populate this universe. I learned how the body really works inside and out thanks to Health. I learned what moves and make this planet and space go around with Science. I learned the politics and the past, present and future of this nation with Social Studies. I became enchanted and feel connected with the world of fiction with English.  I'm happy to have teachers that make me learn more about the world all around us, such as Ms. Jaipershad, Ms. Reed, Ms. Corsini, Mr. Hyman, Ms. LaMotta, Ms. Bookbinder, and Ms. Milos. There's more teachers that I wish to thank, but I don't want to take too much of your time.

    Every morning, I enjoyed roaming around the halls, getting ready to start a brand new day of classes. I also enjoyed the tenderness and the fine freetime that I spend in the inclusion room with my paras, Mr. Brian, Ms. Barbara, Ms. Daisy and my guidance counselor, Ms. Goldberg. I'm going to miss them so much. I am also going to miss having bagels in the morning and lunch in the afternoon in the cafeteria. Plus, I'm sad to said farewell to many of my classmates who come to do the same things what we students do: to learn.

  Funny, isn't it. I finished one journey and I'm now looking forward to another. My next journey in education life is going to Queens High School of Teaching. The thing about life is that it is filled with lots of journeys and adventures. Every road is unpredictable and fated. We cannot change the past, the future and the fate between them. We must let the world move on its own two feet and move forward to our own journey. I have been proud to be on that journey at Francis Lewis High for the past five years. Until we meet again at Utopia Parkway, fellow classmates, teachers and staff. Now, it's time to get ready to begin a brand new journey.

Comments